Friday, January 21, 2011

Getting settled ...

I feel reconnected tonight with internet AND cable finally hooked up! Yes folks, we survived our move and made it to Columbus. The first week was a little rough. Our moving truck with all of our belongings got delayed because of bad weather so we slept on air mattresses, sat around in an empty house, and ordered pizza for a week *gag*. FINALLY they arrived and unloaded our boxes. I am slowly piecing the house together box by box. My husband has been unavailable to help because he has been busy "in-processing" for work. I don't get a lot done with a 2 year old and a 2 month old to entertain and take care of, but I do my best. *sigh*

So, I love the house! It's just enough space for our new sweet little family of four. The neighborhood is nice, lots of little playgrounds everywhere and very challenging running routes because the area is hilly. BTW I am still keeping good with my running resolution. *applause* The weather has been disagreeable lately so I haven't been able to get the kids out much unfortunately. It's a big change being so close to everything! The grocery store and gym is 10 minutes away, Starbucks is in the next neighborhood over *gasp*! We pretty much have everything we need a stones throw away from our house. and it is FANTASTIC! For the past 5 years we have lived a good 20 minutes away from everything and guess what? They even deliver pizza to our house here! Hallelujah!

My husband starts his new job on Monday and he is very much looking forward to a change of pace (me too). He is already happier and less stressed on a daily basis, which in turn makes me happier and less stressed *joy*. :) We eat breakfast and drink coffee together before he leaves for work, he comes home at a decent time, I go for a run while he watches the kids, we cook dinner together, and then put the kids to bed together. Like a real family, it's nice! I'm not sure why he thinks after 2 years I will be sick of this and ready for him to start deploying again??? That's a whole different post though.

I haven't really had the opportunity to meet new friends yet, but I'm working on it. The weather has kept everyone inside lately so I haven't even seen people out and about in our neighborhood yet. We are still working on selling the house in Savannah. We've had a lot of interest in the house since we moved out so we are hoping to get an offer some time soon. February will be our first month with two house payments *scream*! We are praying desperately for God to provide for us during this time. Major budgeting going down. It might come down to beans and rice for dinner every night! So far though, God has answered all our prayers and everything is working out for the best so why shouldn't we trust him with this? Amen. We will continue to be faithful.

The kids are adjusting well with the move. They have been fantastic with everything we've thrown at them these last couple weeks! My daughter can sleep anywhere we put her as long as she has her Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Baa, and Bear. And Joshua, so long as he gets to nap and is fed, well he is happy as a clam. I have great kids. I am so blessed! I am hoping to get into a routine here soon and make this house a home for them. I wouldn't say I feel "settled" yet. I still have a lot of work to do on the house, but it's coming along nicely! We have been tremendously blessed already this year and look forward to whatever else God has in store for us! Signing off for now. More from Columbus soon!

2 comments:

  1. gag
    sigh
    applause
    gasp
    scream
    AMEN!
    We are blessed beyond measure--we rejoice with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are getting settled. I've been off facebook for a while so I feel like I've lost touch with you again! I love keeping up with you on there. *sigh* Time will come soon when I will get back on. In the meantime, I've been waiting for a post on here to get me up to speed you guys.

    ReplyDelete