Thursday, December 8, 2011

Baa

Kaley has a little lamb, she never lets it leave her sight. She takes it with her every time we leave the house, but is careful to leave it in the car because she doesn't want anything to happen to it. She talks to "Baa" as if it was her best friend. By the way, I did ask if Baa was a boy or a girl and Kaley said that she is a girl. The other day as we were leaving the gym I overheard her having a conversation with this inanimate object in the backseat, "Baa I had fun. Are you ok?" She loves this sweet little Baa. She got up from her nap today and stumbled into my room with sleepy eyes, "I didn't wake Baa up. She's still tired." I have even seen her breastfeed Baa from time to time. Me: "Kaley what are you doing??" Kaley: "I'm feeding Baa. She's not finished yet." Like, duh Mom what do you think I'm doing? You hardly ever see her wandering around the house without Baa tucked securely under one arm. Even her 1 year old brother Joshua knows better than to bother Kaley's Baa. He usually leaves her alone, but when he is feeling extra naughty you'll see him snatch Baa and try to make a run for it with an impish grin on his face! He knows that Baa is her treasure. Every night before Kaley goes to bed we have to search for her lamb. "Baa? Kaley's calling you!" is what she says as we look. I have no idea where Baa came from. I don't know who gave it to her or when she got it, but it's been with us ever since I can remember. Tonight I actually found a store that sells Baa! Even my husband let out a sigh of relief and urged me to order backup Baa's STAT. God forbid, we ever lose Baa. BBtoystore deserves a gold star. It's funny that she developed a sentimental attachment to this one stuffed animal out of all 157 she keeps safely tucked away in her bed. I wonder what makes Baa so special? Kaley has a big heart. She is so pure and loving. Her spirit is gentle and kind. Baa is the most loved stuffed animal I think there ever was. It melts my heart to see how compassionate and loving she is towards other people ... and yes, her little lamb.


No comments:

Post a Comment