FINALLY a moment to myself. I think I shall update the old blog! Looks like I haven't been on here since JUNE! Yep, that's about right - pretty much the last time I had a moment to myself. So let's see ...
Taylor Grace update:
Taylor underwent a few tests up in Atlanta and was seen by a specialist. No intervention was necessary because, to the surprise of everyone, she was able to breast feed in a special position and grow despite her laryngomalacia. So, we just continued to pray and take care of her from home. This was a condition that we were prepared to deal with for at least the next year, but around 4 months it just ... disappeared. She was no longer obstructing while she slept and she even began sleeping quietly on her back, which is nearly impossible for a LM baby. There was NO laryngeal stidor - she was quiet and effortlessly breathing! During my extensive internet research no where did I read about a baby growing out of LM at 4 months. It's a modern day miracle people! I prayed every night since she was a week old that God would miraculously heal her and (no surprise) He did. Not a day goes by that I don't look at her smiling face and thank God for healing my precious one. She is 5 months old now and thriving. You wouldn't even be able to tell that anything was ever wrong with her! I can't wait to bring her to her follow up appointment in Atlanta at the end of the month and rock the socks off her ENT specialist! Thank you, every one of you, who prayed for our Taylor Grace. By the grace of God she's been healed. God is good!
"Have faith in God ... Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:22-25
Passing the days at home with 3 kiddos. There are good days and there are hard days. I have a 5 month old, a 2 year old, and a 4 year old so my day can be quite demanding. I'm running my own daycare at home! I need to sit down and plan out my week with activities and fun projects to do with the older two because with a baby, more often than not, we are stuck here. Thank goodness for Pintrest!
I am unsuccessfully trying to read through Les Miserables right now. I just began a new Beth Moore study that I need to make more time for. I have a sewing machine sitting in my room that I would like to start using. I would like to finish my first sewing project - a quilt that I started back when I was pregnant with Kaley 5 years ago! I want to sprinkle in a few projects apart from the daily cooking, cleaning, and laundry throughout the week. I never can seem to complete any task around here so to actually complete a project that I set out to do would feel GREAT! I keep waiting to catch up on the house before I do anything for myself like that, but I'm beginning to see that "catching up" is futile. This week I'm just going to go for it!
Anyway, just a few thoughts splattered on my blog. I know I always say this but, I really am going to start updating my blog more. Tootles.
No comments:
Post a Comment