Thursday, November 19, 2009

Simple thoughts from a complex mind.

I recently wrote to a friend, "Writing is a great outlet for expressing yourself."  Well, I took my own advice.  She started up a blog releasing her thoughts and it sounded so appealing that I began a blog of my own.  I chose to name it "Peripety".  

Noun
1.
peripety - a sudden and unexpected change of fortune or reverse of circumstances (especially in a literary work); "a peripeteia swiftly turns a routine sequence of events into a story worth telling"

 

At the end of my life I will reflect back on my journey. My story will be a literary masterpiece. No coincidences, no questions unanswered, no loose ends. All of my hardships and struggles were necessary "pivots" to set me on the right path.  The peripety in my life story ended up being experiences that got me to where I am today and made me the person that I am.  "... a peripeteia swiftly turns a routine sequence of events into a story worth telling."  I feel very ordinary, however, my story will be worth telling; and who is the great author of my story?  God.  The one who so eloquently creates moments of peripety in my storyline to draw me closer to Him, lovingly discipline me, and shape me into a godly woman.    

 

“My daughter, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of suffering, when you could see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.”

 

3 comments:

  1. I love it! So excited to read more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Dont feel like you have to be a slave to your blog--but just write when you have a slice of time! I am glad you started because now when Kaley starts saying those cute "kaleyisms" you will have it all set up to write it down. How I wish I had a blog when you and Joel etc. were little. I didn't want to forget some of the cute questions, and sayings. Most I did--except for the ones I wrote about in our prayer letters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie,
    Its Dad...another great blog on the battle of the heart and the enemy unbelief. You know one of the first chapters I memorized and still quote to myself is Matthew 6 where Jesus speaks directly to doubt and faith. The battle you are describing is well known in the scriptures as the "battle for the soul." And James 1:21 tells us exactly what to do to win....engraft the Word of God which is able to save you soul." The word in the greek is the "rhema" of God. It is the Word of God that the Spirit is using in your life specifically to counsel you in an area of need. Matthew 6 is definitely a rhema for me. So I engrafted it. (Rom. 12:2)
    I love you Sweetie. Keep sharing your thoughts of faith with others that the truth of Christ may be known. I am amazed that no matter how Great God moves in our lives, the next day and even the next moment still requires our childlike faith. These are the ones to whom the Kingdom of God belong. (: Mommy and I promise to help you more with Baby #2. Hugs & Kisses, Dad.

    ReplyDelete