Friday, November 20, 2009

Twi-aholics



For those who know me well, you know that I am an unabashed "Twerd", a Twilight nerd.  Today, November 20, was a big day for us "Twi-hards".  New Moon came out in theaters.  I shamelessly bought my ticket in advance and wore my "Team Edward" shirt to the showing.  God has graciously blessed me with a fellow "Twlighter" to geek out with, as you can see in the photo.  I try not to take life so seriously, to let loose and laugh at myself.  I hope everyone has someone that they can be silly with.   It is so refreshing to liberate yourself from other people's opinion of you and throw caution to the wind.  With age and maturity has come confidence in the person that I am.  I no longer cheat myself out of experiences because I am afraid of looking idiotic.  I had so much fun cutting loose this morning and being young again.  Life can be so serious!  I am a wife and a mother.  I have a house to run, bills to pay, a career to maintain.  It is easy to lose myself in this "adult" world.  I encourage you to take a risk.  Don't be afraid to be yourself and reveal yourself to others.  I love that quote on my blog that says, "Dance as if no one were watching, sing as if no one were listening, and live every day as if it were your last."  ... and wear your Team Edward shirt to see New Moon as if no one will make fun of you. :)

4 comments:

  1. This is identical to what I was going to post in my blog. Like- IDENTICAL! Great minds think alike! So glad we were able to dork out together. It's much more fun when you have someone to share it with :) I wouldn't have wanted to go with anyone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean TEAM JACOB! (: Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read the books, but glad you had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you had a blog!! I have one too! Exciting lol

    ReplyDelete