10 Things I HATE About Facebook:
1. It promotes gossip. With everyone having access to everyone's conversation gossip is pandemic and hurtful!
2. Facebook is a playground for passive aggressive people. They don't have to say something straight to your face to hurt you. Oh no, all they have to do is type up some 'general' comment in their status and claim that it was never directed at you. Facebook gives them plenty of space to get creative and easy ways to throw their poisonous darts at you, but not really at you. Facebook can be very two-faced.
3. MiScOmMuNiCaTiOn. You can't hear tone or intent behind words on a screen so messages get skewed, feelings get hurt, and relationships get ruined because of simple miscommunications.
4. You are suddenly linked to 50,000 people and obligated to keep in touch through messages, pictures comments, pokes, game invites, wall posts, etc. Now not all friends are like this, but some people seriously get their feelings hurt if you don't comment on their pictures in a timely manner or reply to their wall post within a reasonable amount of time. I have a life people!
5. "Unfriending" someone is suddenly the biggest insult. If you really want to stick it to them you can even block them from viewing or interacting on your page. That way they are still on your list of "friends" but you remind them everyday that they're not good enough to actually be able to comment on your pictures or write on your wall.
6. NARCISSISM.
7. It's addicting and time consuming. If Facebook didn't exist I bet I would have an extra couple hours in my day to ... clean the house or do something productive.
8. People can find you and request to be your friend. If you are a slightly more private person you don't just "friend" a person because you recognize their face or know their name. Denying their friend request though hurts their feeling and has the potential of starting all sorts of drama. You're left with two choices: deny and hurt feelings or accept and open up your some what private life to all sorts of life strangers. I hate the "friend request" pressure.
9. I hate when I know someone is having a bad day but for some reason they feel the need to make everyone think their life is perfect, so they flower up their Facebook status. If you're having a bad day just say you're having a bad day or don't say anything at all. I like transparency.
10. I especially hate that I hate all these things about Facebook, but I can't just delete my account and get away from it all because I would be turning my back on a lot of good relationships! So instead I continue on and deal with all the above in frustration.
There are plenty of things I like about Facebook, but tonight Facebook hurt my good friends feelings and almost ruined a perfectly good relationship and so I'm mad at Facebook. Goodnight.
wow. that is a good post you got there. like i couldn've read it on the msn homepage. you should submit it to something like that.
ReplyDelete