Sunday, December 26, 2010

So long 2010 ...

One of my new year's resolutions is to write more so I am resurrecting my blog! Writing frees your heart and soul. I haven't touched my blog in over a year! I love writing. I just wish I had more time for it. 

So, 2010 is drawing to a close. It has been a challenging year. My husband has had a tough rotation through a very emotionally demanding and draining job. He had major shoulder surgery over the summer leaving him quite worthless for weeks, relying on me for help with simple daily tasks like bathing. Kaley hit some big milestones, transitioning to a toddler bed and potty training. I didn't think we'd ever make it through toddler bed HELL. That was a rough, sleepless month! We have been desperately trying to sell our house since FEBRUARY. It has been a long, stressful process that we are still in the middle of dealing with. We are preparing to make a major move to Columbus, GA. I quit my job. I am currently jobless. I haven't been unemployed in almost 10 years. It's quite, unsettling. Amidst all of this s-t-r-e-s-s I have been pregnant. Oh man it has been an exhausting year. Let's just say I am thankful to put 2010 behind me. My year ended with the birth of my son Joshua David Kipp. He is a blessing that came out of a difficult year. The name, Joshua, means "Jehovah saves". I smile thinking about his name because so many times this year God saved me from being overcome by my emotions, by stress ... just overwhelmed with my life. He held me together when I was about to crumble. I feel like I passed through a raging sea this year, tossed and turned by massive waves until finally I reached calmer waters. Saved by God's grace. 

I am looking forward to 2011. A fresh start in a new place! We're ending the Savannah, GA chapter of our life and beginning a new one. Saying goodbye to dear friends in the hopes of making new ones. I am trusting God has a perfect plan for our family. "... plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 God has been teaching us about faith lately with so many details of our move still up in the air. I am confident though that God is going to take care of our family. That's all for tonight.       

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you are resurrecting your blog! I love reading other blogs but havent written on mine in over a year! But, I'm not a writer. I don't like to write. However, I do like to read, so I'll keep checking in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peripety--sudden reversal. I had to look that one up. I love reading your blog and so glad you started again! Let's hope Ashley and I dont have to wait until Dec 2011 for the next entry!
    Thank you for your encouraging words about Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so good to hear your bloggy voice again kelly! i understand the stressful mantra! i echo the similar sense of being overwhelmed. welcome to the land of the 2 kids under the age of 3!! woot woot! look forward to hearing more of how the Father works in your life!

    ReplyDelete