The Generator Game - The object of the game was to get from the front gate to the back of the house where the back up GENERATOR was without being caught or tagged by whoever was guarding the generator. Hours of fun.
Battle Toads - We had this smooth cement hallway outside that led from the front of the house to the back. We would make it slick with water and then make the spray of water be an obstacle we'd have to slide through. Like an arch, a low beam of water, a moving water obstacle, a difficult combo, etc. If the water touched you then you were out. It was quite difficult.
Tea Party Club, The Sonic and Miles Club, Skating Club, etc. - Basically my brother Titus and I would fight for Micah's loyalty by creating the coolest club we could think of. Which ever was most interesting Micah would "join their club" which usually meant he'd just be our slave for the day. :)
Anyway, I hope that's one thing I pass on to my kids. I want them to be imaginative and bursting at the seams with creativity, and original.
On the way home we ran through sprinklers, since we were already in our bathing suits, and then ended up setting up our own at the house to play in. We drew pictures with sidewalk chalk, made giants bubbles, and completely played the day away. Joshua was in the middle of it all, by the way, soaking it all up like a little sponge! I love how much more interactive he is. He squeals with delight right along with Kaley as we run through sprinklers or ride our "horses" back to the "castle". I didn't worry about what time it was. I didn't think about meals, or naps, laundry, or cleaning. It was nice. Days like these I really love being a mom. It's funny to think that as a 27 year old woman I can still get lost in play spending time with two little people and completely enjoy myself! It made me appreciate being able to stay at home with my kids while they are young. I really feel like they are growing into exceptional little people because of how much of myself I pour into them. There are challenges that come with being a stay at home mom, and I sure do miss my nursing career, but the sacrifice is well worth it. I have the rest of my life to work and pursue my interests.Years from now I will look back and smile, having no regrets. I didn't miss a single moment of this precious time in their life. Children are a blessing. Kaley and Joshua, they make my heart smile. Tonight as I was tucking Kaley into bed she grabbed me around my neck and pulled me into a big hug. "I YUV you mommy! I had so much fun with you today! You make me so happy." she said in her soft, sweet little voice. She absolutely adores me, and I yuv it.
that's the way to keep your mind set---live with no regrets! you will NEVER say years from now, "I wish I would have done more dishes, kept the kitchen and floors cleaner", etc...these are precious times, you are investing wisely in your children & grandchildren!
ReplyDelete