Sunday, August 21, 2011

... and baby makes five, 5, cinco, lima, cinque, vijf.

By now you have all heard the news. The Kipp family is expecting baby number 3! I actually wanted to wait until I was safely out of my first trimester to break the news, but my husband is just so excited he can barely contain himself. He and I had been talking about children and our future lately. He kept saying how he wanted more children and that our family just didn't feel complete with 2 kids. Pregnancy does not agree with me so I was perfectly happy with 2 kids. I mean if you put a newborn in my lap I would happily take it home and call it my own, but being pregnant just sucks. I am not one of those crazy women who say, "Oh I just love being pregnant!" It's hard to see past the first 4 months of 24/7 nausea, the exhaustion, uncomfortableness, weight gain, and the trip to hell and back at the end delivering the baby to even explore my feelings about having more children. How do you decide how many kids to have? I mean really what is the perfect formula to help you come up with what size your family will be? If we were going to have more kids, now is the best time to do it while we are on a "break" in Columbus. In a year or two life is about to become quite challenging. I'd hate to try and attempt a pregnancy in the midst of deployments and crazy training cycles. I also don't want to be having kids in my 30's. I'm happy getting it out of the way (the misery of pregnancy) while I'm young and then enjoying my kids as they grow up. Jon has had baby fever lately as he spends more time with the kids. They just bring him so much joy and he is so proud of them. They are so cute and just as sweet as can be. Why wouldn't we want more?? I think it's funny (or perfect planning) how we ended up pregnant soon after our conversations about having more kids. It wasn't on purpose (at least I don't think it was JON), but I don't think it was an accident either. God's timing is perfect. The day before I found out I was pregnant I had just come from visiting my friend and her new baby at the hospital. I was reminiscing about our time in the hospital with Joshua and just what a special moment that was for Jon and I as we welcomed our son into the world. I love my kids so much! I can't imagine ever regretting baby number 3 and I am sure just like with number 2, we will wonder how we ever felt like a family before number 3 came along! I am so excited, not looking forward to the next 10 months, but excited none-the-less about a new brother or sister for Kaley and Joshua to play with. I love my family and I am looking forward to our new addition. Who needs sleep right? :) Thank you for all the congrat's! I am praying for a safe pregnancy, a healthy baby, and a easy delivery. Here we go again!


No comments:

Post a Comment