Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 4 - I survived.

While my husband is relaxing on a beach in Hawaii "working", I am chasing after 2 kids and attempting to fulfill my other housewife duties. I'm not going to lie. It's hard not to become resentful when my 3 year old is crying in time out, my one year old is dumping a trashcan of dirty diapers down the staircase, and my 17 week old fetus is sucking the life out of me. I picture him in a lounge chair enjoying the Hawaiian waves with a fruity drink in hand, a flowery lei around his neck, and not a care in the world. Meanwhile the only view I'm staring at is a kitchen full of dirty dishes and piles of dirty laundry. *sigh* Then tonight, in the middle of a 3 year old meltdown (she never did take a nap today), he calls just in time to talk to his little girl about how important it is to obey Mommy while he is away. How when he get's home he's going to sing her lots of songs, take her fishing, and spend time with her. She softly cried into the phone and said, ok I love you Daddy. And he some how managed to fix everything from 4,479 miles away. I love him.


As of Saturday, November 12 (a day marked on my calendar with glitter, stars, hearts, and exclamation points) I am finally feeling better. The nausea has subsided and I actually have energy to take care of my two kids and keep up with the housework. I can cook a meal without wanting to vomit. I went fishing with two kids under the age of four, chased them around the playground, then took a romp through the forest to look for deer without wanting to die. I am on my own this week and everyday I am amazed at what I can accomplish now that I am feeling better. THANK YOU LORD. I am still absolutely exhausted by the end of the day - I mean I am taking care of two kids and keeping up with a house all by my lonesome while simultaneously growing another human being - but it's nothing compared to the abominable first trimester! I am so grateful to be feeling more like myself.


Saturday Morning Fishing Trip

1 comment:

  1. You are a survivor indeed! I love your unique ability to visually verbalize your emotions and thoughts! It really helps to be able to sort thru and identify them! Praise God you are feeling better--you have really had it rough the first trimester plus! Love you and you are doing a great job--I mean a GREAT job! Not just mediocre. :)

    ReplyDelete