Updates:
- Search for a church. We found one we really like called CrossPointe Church. It reminds me of Savannah Christian. The childcare is fantastic. I am very happy with my daughter's class. I still keep my son in the service with me. They have a really nice nursing room right in the back of the sanctuary that offers privacy, but still allows you to watch the sermon. The sanctuary is a good size and full of young couples our age with children. I can't wait to meet and connect with some of these women. I just need to get involved in a small group here soon. The worship team is fantastic. They have this bluegrass feel to their music. I love the violinist. They only have one service and it starts at 10:30 a.m. Seating goes fast, but with only one service there isn't a huge rush to start on time nor does the pastor have to cut the message short to get everyone out at a certain time (which can be a good and a bad thing I guess haha). The pastor is young and can speak a good message. Right now they are going through the book of Corinthians. Brad Evangelista is working his way through the book so he doesn't just pick and choose what message would please the crowd. Like I said, he speaks a good message, but towards the end of his sermons he gets a bit "passionate". He starts yelling, waving his arms, and appears to fake cry at times. This gets on my husbands nerves. Lol. Though there is nothing wrong with passion, I have to admit seeing how he does it every sunday and always during the last 15 minutes of the sermon, it does feel a bit ... staged. I mean dude you can still get the same message across without yelling in my face. Besides that, we really like the church and want to settle here. Oh and did I mention the Krispy Kreme donuts and orange juice/coffee they have in the lobby before the service starts? Hallelujah! If you live in the Columbus area and looking for a church I recommend you stop by and check them out.
- Selling our house. Praise the Lord. God is good! Our buyer and his family moved into our house a few weeks ago and are renting until we can close. Closing date is set for April 25th. All the paperwork is squared away and has been approved by HAP. Though everything is good to go I still feel myself holding my breath until the ink dries ...
Life is going good. We're settled into our house, if you don't include all the boxes sitting out in our garage. Oops! I honestly don't even know what's out there in those boxes. Put that on the to do list. *sigh* My husband is enjoying his job (answer to prayer). He stays consistently busy during his cycle, but not stressed. He has a 3 week break coming up, which I am looking forward to. We're going to head to Florida for a marriage retreat and spend the rest of the time enjoying being together as a family. I see camping trips, pool days, cookouts, a zoo trip, and lots more family adventures in our future! It's nice not having the weight of the world on our shoulders any more. We have nothing to do but play with the kids and live life. It's a wonderful change from just a few months ago worrying about our next step in life, selling the house, anger, moving, stressful job, strain in our marriage, where to live, paycheck to paycheck ... I remember last fall wishing I could close my eyes and skip to this moment right here with all of that stress behind me. Well guess what Kelly, you made it! Big sigh of relief. I am focusing on enjoying here and now instead of anticipating the future. To Live a Life of Love.
... and Joshua is up from his nap. Lots more where this came from though. Feels good to be blogging again.
... and Joshua is up from his nap. Lots more where this came from though. Feels good to be blogging again.
Kelly, thanks for writing. It is great to hear what God is doing in your life. I am glad you are in a calmer season now, and that you are getting settled in. Just wanted to let you know that I read this and to say hello. Enjoy your afternoon.
ReplyDeleteAllison