Friday, April 8, 2011

Ramblings

What to write about tonight? Politics? Our nation is in the middle of a financial crisis. Military families everywhere were in an uproar today over the news that their paychecks are being withheld because politicians in Washington can't agree on a budget. Yes, my family will be affected by the government shut down. President Barack Obama has classified my husband and many fighting overseas away from their families in harms way as "non-essential" personnel. Non-essential personnel fighting a non-essential war. Right. No, let's not talk about politics tonight.

In my last post I wrote about being settled in, besides the boxes spilling out of my garage left over from the move. After re-reading what I wrote I decided that we weren't very settled in at all with half our life still boxed up in the garage! So today I made it my little project and finished unpacking the rest of the boxes. Surprisingly, most of it was junk and ended up in the trash or dropped off at Good Will. Now the garage is organized and all cleaned out! It feels good. My husband came home from a few days in the field and was so excited. I think the garage has been a thorn in his side. Now that it's all cleaned out he is inspired to put up shelves and make it his man garage. It was my "I love you" gift for him this week. :)

I am excited to say that I am joining a life group from our new church Monday! It's a mother's with kids type life group that meets for a playdate once a week. In Savannah we went to Savannah Christian, this big church, for years but never ended up connecting with anybody because we never joined life groups. We had the best of intentions to get more involved in our church, but my husband's inconsistent schedule was always getting in the way. When we moved here we decided we were going to find a good church and get involved! We hope to make this our church. I am excited to make new friends and contribute to this community. I don't want to continue being a nameless face in a growing, active church. I have more to offer than that. Looking forward to seeing how God uses me.

Well, the weekend is here! Going to head to bed and hopefully get a good night of sleep. Planning on a fun day with the kids tomorrow. I leave you with this thought. Instead of dwelling in anger on what's not right in America tonight let's count our blessings and be thankful that, though flawed, we do operate under a democracy and our voice when united will be heard. Night all.




1 comment: