Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wild Animal Safari Adventure

Looking for something fun to do with the kids this summer? Pine Mountain, GA has the coolest zoo I have ever been to! This place was in the middle of the boonies. I had no idea what to expect. So, we get there and you can either rent a safari vehicle or drive your own vehicle through, key phrase, at your own risk. We opted to take our own vehicle and set off on our safari. My daughter sat in my husbands lap. It was a good thing because she'd be hanging out the window petting deer one minute and then Jon would have to yank her back in before a big buffalo came up and tried to lick her! You would literally have a 2000 lb buffalo's head IN YOUR LAP. I kept my window up because ... well that's just gross. Your vehicle would be surrounded by all sorts of animals and you could feed them. I definitely recommend buying the bag of animal food at the front. The kids love feeding the animals! Kaley was so cute, "Come on buddy! Come get your breakfast! Come on buddy! Oh! A pig! Stop daddy! A baby pig!" The little pigs didn't stand a chance with the bigger animals sticking their heads in the car so they would chase after you once the bison and zebras moved on to the next vehicle. There were deer, zebra, horses, mules, buffalo, yaks, elk, pigs, antelope, and more wandering around sticking their heads in your vehicle for food. Some of these animals had massive horns and we were just waiting for one to charge the car or at least scrap up the side as they walked by. A giraffe almost ate one of our windshield wipers, but other than that we made it out ok. We also saw tigers, rhinosaurus, ducks, turtles, and a load of other animals I don't even know the names of during our drive. I can't tell you how many times I looked at Jon in disbelief, as we were surrounded by these massive animals that could easily destroy us, and said, "THIS IS CRAZY!" Crazy cool. I would have never thought they'd have a place like this in America! At one point this bull as tall as our Honda Pilot stuck his head in the driver window and Kaley is climbing over seats to get as far away from him as possible and Jon is facing this thing off and I am just loosing it, laughing so hard that I'm crying ... literally crying it is so funny and just, insane! The drive took about an hour, maybe a little longer and was fun from start to finish! After our drive we had a little picnic lunch outside and my son had a little nap, then we went on the "walk-about". It was this cute little Old Mcdonald farm with MORE animals! Kaley ran from exhibit to exhibit so excited. Baby giraffe, monkeys, tigers, leopards, sheep, lemurs, exotic animals, farm animals ... Kaley went crazy in the reptile display. Snakes, spiders, lizards, etc. Made her daddy proud! We spent the whole day at Wild Safari and had so much fun! I definitely recommend taking your kids here! Just make sure you bring a slobber towel for your car. On the way home both kids passed out in the back, exhausted from all our fun. We made a stop by Starbucks and hung out while the kids finished their nap. What a fun day. *sigh* :)






No comments:

Post a Comment